Recipe by cocoababy
Delicious low fat version of an authentic mexican dish. Very tasty. My husband, who is extremely picky about food, loved this. Enjoy!
Top Review by mickeydownunder
This was GREAT, true! JUST what I feel like for dinner too! Here's a helpful hint in case you don't know! In the microwave the torillas should go! Zap for 15 - 20 seconds...depends on you, Be easier to roll...to do! Also put refreied beans in pan, took off heat...worked for me, Made it spreadable as can be! THANKS!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken breasts in water for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove, let cool and shred or thinly slice.
- Heat oil in skillet and add cumin, garlic, onion and jalapeno; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer to warm through.
- Fill tortillas with equal portions of refried beans and chicken. Roll up and place in a baking dish large enough to fill all 8 enchiladas.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are warmed through.
- Serve each with 1 tablespoons fat-free sour cream.