This is really delicious, cheap and easy to make and best of all, low fat and low calorie (the chicken is really the only ingredient with a significant calorie count) Serve with plain boiled rice for dieters and add hot buttered fluffy naan bread for the foodies!! I don't pretend to claim that this is an authentic Indian recipe, I just like to eat it and so do my friends!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 1 green capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or chopped fresh chili pepper to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- lemon juice
- cooking spray or oil
- Fry the chicken in a non-stick large frying pan or wok.
- When the chicken is nearly cooked, add the onion, peppers, garam masala, garlic, and chili and stir-fry for a few minutes Now add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil then simmer very slowly for an hour or so- you want the sauce to reduce by half to give a thick consistency and concentrated flavour.