Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups skim milk
- 16 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 8 teaspoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- Spray a dutch oven with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Sauté chicken until all pink is gone.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onions until tender.
- Add potatoes and water.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Add cooked chicken.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly heated.
- Portion chowder into bowls; top each portion with 1 Tsp cheese.
Absolutely delicious! Very nice on a rainy day. I exchanged half the corn for diced carrot for extra flavour and colour. I also sprinkled on a little parmesan instead of the grated cheese. I don't think this would serve 8 people on it's own, more like 4. Very good and guilt free too!
An easy, tasty, and suprisingly hearty soup for a cold day. The carrots are a must (Thanks dale!). For a twist, I sauteed the chicken in garlic pepper and a little garlic salt. I also added some Mrs. Dash to the soup base. Note- it took almost 30 min for my potatoes to become tender.
Very tasty. I used a can of corn and added a dusting of Wondra for thickening at the end. Be sure to cut-up the chicken into little bite sizes as larger pieces tend to lack flavor on their own.