1/2 Photos of Low Fat Chicken, Corn, and Green Chile Chowder
A lightened-up version of a comfort food favorite! I haven't made it yet, but will soon! From the Hamilton, OH Journal News, recipe by Jeanne Jones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I'll use more!)
- 2 -3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray, then add onions through garlic and saute over mediun-high heat. Add a little chicken broth to prevent burning and cook 8-10 minutes.
- 2Add corn, chicken, chiles, pepper, and remaining broth. Bring to a boil 2-3 minutes.
- 3Dissolve cornstarch in the half and half, then stir into soup.
- 4Bring to a boil, then serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken, Corn, and Green Chile Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 460.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 20.1 g