Recipe by Jeremy9143
This is a recipe I created when I started my low fat diet. It is very good served in a bread bowl or over the top of a baked potato. This recipe does double well if you would like to make more than two servings.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, left whole but place 3 to 4 slits in the sides
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped undrained
- 1 cup corn (Frozen or Canned)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prep chicken and onion.
- Combine first six ingredients in a small bowl or cup and mix well.
- Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the chicken and reserve the other half.
- Spray a non-stick pot with a fat free cooking spray.
- Add chicken and onions.
- Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 min.
- or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the minced garlic, jalapeno, bay leaf, tomato, reserved spice mixture, and corn to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for about 10 min.
- Add the cilantro and simmer an additional 8-10 min.
- Remove the jalapeno and bay leaf and serve.