Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very flavorful and healthy, filling meal. Add fat free cheddar and fat free sour cream for even more flavor.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chilis
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- Spray large skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Cook chicken and garlic over medium heat until browned, stirring to break up meat.
- Add spices, stir well.
- In large pot, combine tomatoes, beans, onion, chilies, tomato paste, and tomato sauce.
- Cook until hot and well combined, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on med heat until all the flavors are well blended.
- (the longer it's cooked, the better the taste will blend, but it can cook for as little as a half hour).
Oh delish! I hadn't used ground chicken in chili before, but I sure will from now on! This had the perfect "heat" for my family and we all loved it...something that doesn't happen often. I didn't drain the tomatoes and even added about 1/2 cup water to get the consistency I wanted. I also added all veggies right into the chicken mixture rather than cook separately. Simmered for about 45 minutes and fed the crowd! MERP'd for My 3 Chefs. Thanks Jen!