Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An easy casserole.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 2 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage links
- 3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth, defatted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat; add the chicken, onions, and sausage, and cook until the chicken and sausage are brown on both sides.
- Break up the sausage into small pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Really good recipe! I subbed a small can of tomato paste for the sun-dried, and used 7 oz. turkey kielbasa sausage instead of 2oz turkey hot italian. Added 3/4 C cut fresh green beans and 3/4 C sliced mushrooms. Weight Watchers PointsPlus based on six servings was 6 points per serving, with substitutions and additions.
I thought this might be bland but was pleasantly surprised with the intensity of flavor. Lost my bayleaves and put few sprigs of rosemary in for the baking. Also had basil-tomato flavored sausages on hand and used those. Will try with the Italian hots next time. Thanks for a keeper.