Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this last night, using some ingredients I had on hand, and it was WONDERFUL!! I ate half for dinner last night over brown rice, and took the rest for lunch and ate just by itself. Very filling and healthy!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole roma tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (I used yellow Roma tomatoes)
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (I used baby Portabellas)
- 3 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil (or 1/4-1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning in place of parsley, oregano and basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- In skillet, add 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- Add chicken and garlic, season with some salt and black pepper.
- Over medium heat, cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, and seasonings.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Add spinach and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or eat alone (great for lo-carbers!).
This was a really nice throw together meal that tasted delish. Made a few changed. Used ginger instead of garlic and added a slice fo red pepper diced up, some brussel sprouts, zucchini and used shitake mushrooms instead of the typical. Yum, quick, easy, perfect.
A very good meal for a steamy summer night! I made a few adjustments since I started with about 1 1/2 lbs.of chicken breast. I needed a bit more broth, added a lot more green onion and seasoned with a teaspoon of Italian herb blend plus additional basil and oregano. We had it over Easy Rice and Orzo #16247. and everything was eaten up. Thanks for a light,tasty meal.
My husband and I have turned into health-conscious eaters and this delightful chicken recipe proved to be both healthy and tasty! My finicky husband even commented how delicious it was and determined it "a keeper" in my low-fat recipe stash. The fresh spinach provided that splash of color that would rate this dish in the "For Company" category. I served this dish with whole wheat vermicelli the first night and reheated the leftovers served on Ronzoni brand penne rigate with freshly grated parmesan later in the week. Will definitely make again!