Recipe by Manda
I came up with this last night, using some ingredients I had on hand, and it was WONDERFUL!! I ate half for dinner last night over brown rice, and took the rest for lunch and ate just by itself. Very filling and healthy!
Top Review by Lani D
This was a really nice throw together meal that tasted delish. Made a few changed. Used ginger instead of garlic and added a slice fo red pepper diced up, some brussel sprouts, zucchini and used shitake mushrooms instead of the typical. Yum, quick, easy, perfect.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole roma tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (I used yellow Roma tomatoes)
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (I used baby Portabellas)
- 3 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil (or 1/4-1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning in place of parsley, oregano and basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, add 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- Add chicken and garlic, season with some salt and black pepper.
- Over medium heat, cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, and seasonings.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Add spinach and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or eat alone (great for lo-carbers!).