I came up with this last night, using some ingredients I had on hand, and it was WONDERFUL!! I ate half for dinner last night over brown rice, and took the rest for lunch and ate just by itself. Very filling and healthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole roma tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (I used yellow Roma tomatoes)
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (I used baby Portabellas)
- 3 green onions, sliced (green and white parts)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon basil (or 1/4-1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning in place of parsley, oregano and basil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1In skillet, add 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- 2Add chicken and garlic, season with some salt and black pepper.
- 3Over medium heat, cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add remaining broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, and seasonings.
- 5Cook for about 2-3 minutes until veggies are soft.
- 6Add spinach and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring often.
- 7Serve over hot, cooked rice or eat alone (great for lo-carbers!).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Chicken and Veggie Saute
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 596.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 32.6 g