Recipe by Paul Prudhomme's
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 2/3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 7/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne
- 2/3 lb chicken breast, diced into 1/2-inch cube
- 2/3 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 quart mustard greens, chopped
- 1/2 quart onion, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 quart okra, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, browned
- 1/2 quart chicken stock
- 1 1/3 cups fish stock
- 1/2 quart collard greens, chopped
- 1 quart cooked rice
- 1Combine the the first 11 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2Sprinkle the diced chicken with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix, and.
- 3sprinkle the shrimp with another 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix.
- 4Preheat a heavy 5-quart pot over high heat to 350°,about 4 minutes.
- 5Add 3 cups of the mustard greens, 2 cups of the onions, all of the bell.
- 6peppers and the celery, 1 cup of the okra, and the bay leaves. Cook,.
- 7stirring occasionally to check for sticking, about 8 minutes.
- 8Add the apple juice and remaining seasoning mix, stir, and cook until.
- 9most of the liquid is absorbed, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the seasoned.
- 10chicken, cover the pot, and cook 2 minutes. Add the browned flour and stir.
- 11until it is completely absorbed and a paste forms. Cover and cook 1 minute.
- 12Add both the stocks, stir well, cover, and bring to a boil, and cook 3.
- 13minutes. Add the collard greens, the remaining mustard greens, onions, and.
- 14okra, and mix thoroughly. Cover the pot and bring to a boil, about 5.
- 15minutes. Add the seasoned shrimp, stir, bring to a boil, and cook until.
- 16shrimp turn pink and plump, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Gumbo Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 1070.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g