Quick and easy chicken and dumplings that is lower in fat than most traditional recipes. I can't take credit for this one, it was passed on to me by a very good friend.
- Boil chicken, separate chicken and let cool.
- Chop up chicken into bite size cubes.
- Add broth to remaining water and bring to a boil.
- Layer tortillas with flour, alternating and cut into squares.
- Slowly drop squares into boiling broth and stir slowly.
- Add extra flour to thicken broth to liking.
- Add chicken back to mixture.
If you add 1 can of cream of chicken soup to mix it will make it thicker and richer.
This was fast and easy. Great work night-busy night dish. I have made chicken and dumplings with tortillas before and it works well for a thin noodle type dumpling. This is not for those who want the fluffy dough type dumplings. North vs South! lol We missed the carrots and celery that we normally have in this dish but that is easily remedied. This recipe is a good base that would allow you to add to it easily. Thanks for sharing this recipe! *Made for My Three Chefs*