Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful dessert, you can make it look very elegant or just down home, you decide.
Make and share this Low-Fat Cherry Cheesecake Pudding Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 170.09 g reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 595.33 g cherry pie filling
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 191.35 g cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 226.79 g Cool Whip Free, thawed
- Spoon half of the pie filling into crust.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, and pudding mixes. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture over pie filling in crust.
- Refrigerate three hours or until set.
- Top with remaining pie filling.
- You can sprinkle with some shaved chocolate for a nice effect.
For a low fat and very little calorie desert, this is it. I loved it. I am very self consience about my weight and love cheesecake. But like any traditional cheesecake they are loaded with calories and fat. But with this I got the taste of a good cheesecake without the guilt. I am planning to make it again for fathers day. I usually freeze mine for a while to get a little different texture, it makes it a little more firm and tastes wonderful.
Excellent Low Fat Dessert! I did make two changes however. I used only 1 pkg of
cheesecake instant pudding. Then I also added 1 8oz pkg room temperature fat free cream
cheese. This helped make the texture so creamy. I think there must be an error in the recipe because it calls for too many pkgs of pudding. I also just left the pie filling til last and put it on top.
I also made this lite and it was wonderful. I will be making this when I want to make a special dessert.