Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nice and crunchy cookies that won't pack on the pounds.
Make and share this Low-Fat Cherry Almond Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and almond flavoring; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture, mixing until well-combined.
- Add cherries and Kellogg's Low Fat Granola cereal.
- Drop by level measuring tablespoons onto baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until edges start to turn brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container.
I made a half batch of these for playgroup but forgot to 1/2 the baking soda so mine turned out quite cake like. Not a big almond lover so used 1/2 almond & 1/2 coconut essence for flavouring & some unwanted brekky cereal in the cupboard in place of granola. These were really tasty & were gobbled up by the kids. Thanks!