Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Nice and crunchy cookies that won't pack on the pounds.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made a half batch of these for playgroup but forgot to 1/2 the baking soda so mine turned out quite cake like. Not a big almond lover so used 1/2 almond & 1/2 coconut essence for flavouring & some unwanted brekky cereal in the cupboard in place of granola. These were really tasty & were gobbled up by the kids. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 2 cups kellogg low fat granola cereal, any variety
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and almond flavoring; beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture, mixing until well-combined.
- Add cherries and Kellogg's Low Fat Granola cereal.
- Drop by level measuring tablespoons onto baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until edges start to turn brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container.