Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A low fat version of the yummy casserole!
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns (southern style)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour, uncovered.
This is really good for a low fat version, I used green onion as that is what I had on hand. Very good.
Yum! Who needs all those calories and fat? I wanted to make "the" hashbrown casserole, but leave the fat behind and wondered how it'd be w/o a whole stick of butter. Yeah, it's not as rich as the butter-laden kind, but I didn't miss it. I used shredded hash browns as that's what I had, Healthy Choice soup which is 98% fat free and 2% cheddar cheese. I did saute my onions first to be sure they'd be softened enough after baking. Now I know that it's possible to love this casserole and not feel guilty! Thanks Hotty!