Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by the net, true! Then added my own flair to! Healthy, simple as can be! Hope a review soon I do see!
- 1 (420 g) canheinz beans
- 2 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- PREHEAT oven 180°C.
- In saucepan, cover diced potatoes with water and cook for 10 - 15minutes until soft; set aside.
- In saucepan, heat stock and add diced onion and garlic, sautee 2 minutes.
- ADD zucchini and capsicum and cook for an additional 5 minutes; remove from heat and add beans; set aside.
- In 2 qt casserole dish, layer 1/2 potatoes, then 1/2 eggplant and 1/2 bean mixture; REPEAT process.
- In bowl, mix ricotta and egg plus additional egg white; COMBINE WELL.
- Top ricotta mixture in casserole dish.
- BAKE covered for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: May then need to uncover and place under griller for 5 - 10 minutes.
- NOTE: Can use regular ricotta, I had spinach on hand.
- NOTE: Can use fresh garlic diced or jar.
- NOTE: Can use chicken stock.
- NOTE: Can substitute white potato for sweet potato.
- NOTE: Can add mushrooms too -- is TOTALLY up to you!