Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from a Cooking Light recipe for Broccoli Casserole, we now use this sauce on everything from casseroles to mac and cheese. It is great and super easy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- Combine milk, flour, salt and pepper in large sauce pan. Whisk well. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly or until the mixture is thick (you need to cook at least one minute to get rid of flour taste).
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stir well. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Mix with remaining ingredients such as vegetables or pasta.