Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles or 6 ounces enriched lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1⁄3 cup pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom (a mixture of the 3 vegetables)
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Mix in separate bowl cottage cheese, eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 8" x 8" casserole layer half the noodles, the cottage cheese mixture and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Top with tomato sauce mix and the rest of the noodles.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I liked this recipe because it was fast, easy, and low in fat. Flavor-wise, it was alright, and it was runnier than I would have liked it to be. I added some garlic powder, pepper, parsley, and oregano to enhance the flavor. I also utilized the entire 8 oz. can of tomato sauce by sprinkling the last of it on top.