Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can remember my mom making this for us when I was a kid when she was on weight watchers. We just recently found the recipe and I figured the points (it still had the old food exchanges!). I went to the weight watchers website and figured the points as 7 points per serving. ( I think the servings are pretty big, too!) Note: Don't get turned off on the Reduced Fat Velveeta Cheese, I don't think it tastes light or low fat at all!!
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered milk
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli (uncooked)
- 3 ounces fine noodles (uncooked)
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix one cup water and powdered milk. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 5 cups water, bouillon cubes and onion flakes in a large pan, bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until noodles are done.
- Add the water/milk paste.
- Add cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Cook until cheese melts.
I am so glad you have this one here! My husband brought it home from a meeting once (ww) and we loved it, but lost the recipe. There was one thing I added that really helped the soup out and it was a cup of FF plain yogurt. Just makes it more creamy without adding many points (one or two points to the whole recipe). I don't think his recipe had the noodles or the powdered milk, so that probably makes it thicker too. YUMMY! Thanks!