Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The kids and I love cheese blintz and I'm also trying to alter my favorite foods to be a bit more healthy. These are creamy and delish - and go great with Basic Whole Wheat French Crepes for Basic Whole Wheat Crepes.
- 1 cup strawberry, chopped
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add cottage cheese to a blender or food processor and process till smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla - combine until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add chopped strawberries.
- Fill you crepes with about 2T-4T of the filling.
The filling is delicious and versatile. Very yummy in the blintzes, but could be used as a cheesecake layer for parfaits. I believe the author meant for it to say "cream cheese", not cottage cheese in step 2.