A light and easy Souffle - this makes an impressive starter or a light luncheon dish! I have tried to make this a lower fat souffle than is usual. It can be served with a crispy French bread and a fresh salad if you are serving it for lunch. Use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock, if you want to make this a vegetarian souffle.
- Preheat oven to 175C/350°F.
- Steam the asparagus in a metal steamer over boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Drain. Combine the asparagus with the eggs, Swiss.
- cheese, oil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Combine the cornstarch or.
- arrowroot powder with the chicken broth and stir until smooth.
- Add to the asparagus mixture.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites until they disappear.
- Pour the mixture into a greased souffle dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed and firm.
- Serve immediately.