Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and fabulous! Taken out of a Cooking Lite Magazine.
Make and share this Low-Fat Cashew Chicken (Oriental Dish) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed (or cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground, but fresh tastes better in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup roasted cashews (or other nuts, if preferred)
- Toss chicken and ginger together in a med. bowl.
- Heat wok or large skillet over med-high heat. Add oil and heat until oil is hot.
- Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper and continue to cook and stir 4 more minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch into teriyaki sauce.
- Add to meat mixture, and cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cashews and cook just to heat through.
- Serve with white rice.
great! even my 12 year old enjoyed it. thanks you.
Fabulous! Fast and easy DH and I both loves it. Thank you very much for posting this recipe. :D