1 hr 10 mins
Paris D's Note:
From dogtreatrecipes.org. Prep time is just a guess because I haven't made these yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle a little flour onto the surface you’re planning to use to roll out the dough.
- 3In a medium bowl, mash the banana and mix in the shredded carrots.
- 4To the carrot and banana, add the water and apple juice. Stir.
- 5Add the oats and flour. Stir all of the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
- 6Using your hands, knead the mixture until a dough forms. Dump the dough onto the lightly floured surface that you prepared earlier.
- 7Roll out the dough until it’s about a half inch thick.
- 8Using a cookie cutter (bone shapes are fun!) or the rim of a small glass, cut into 3″ pieces. Place the pieces onto your lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- 9Bake the dog treats for 25 minutes.
- 10Before “serving”, let them cool completely.
- 11*Tip: If your dog likes a little more crunch to his treats, then turn off the oven and let the treats cool there overnight.
- 12This recipe makes about 24 low fat, healthy dog treats.They’ll last about 3 weeks, if stored in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Carrot Dog Treats
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g