Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Except for the small amount of oil these muffins are low-fat, but you would never know it, they bake out high with tons of flavor and are extremely moist, you may throw in some chopped nuts also --- for greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) --- for more low fat muffin recipes visit www.kittencalskitchen.com
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour (or use half white and whole wheat)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 118.29-177.44 ml brown sugar (or to taste, or can use brown sugar Splenda)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 44.37 ml oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk (or use low-fat milk)
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 354.88 ml grated carrots (squeeze out some of the moisture with hands)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together first 7 ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix the shredded carrots with the crushed pineapple.
- Add in the oil/egg mixture into the carrot/pineapple mixture; mix well to combine, then add to the dry ingredients; mix JUST until combined.
- Add in the raisins and chopped nuts.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.
These are wonderful! I am looking for healthy muffin recipes now that I eat breakfast on the go on work days, and this one is definitely a keeper. I used all wheat flour and did not miss the white flour at all. Thanks Kittencal for another keeper :)
Being a lover of carrot cake...especially the frosting, these did not disappoint. (even w/o the frosting). Deliciously moist. What a great find/keeper. I did omit the nuts...but I'll bet it's an additional bonus if you decide to add em.
Terrific Recipe, I used 1/2 c br sugar and egg whites instead of egg, and Walnuts in place of raisins. I will make again, they are very good.