1/10 Photos of Low-Fat Carrot Cake Muffins (That Don't Taste Low-Fat!)
Except for the small amount of oil these muffins are low-fat, but you would never know it, they bake out high with tons of flavor and are extremely moist, you may throw in some chopped nuts also --- for greasing see my Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!) --- for more low fat muffin recipes visit www.kittencalskitchen.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (or use half white and whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar (or to taste, or can use brown sugar Splenda)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (or use low-fat milk)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots (squeeze out some of the moisture with hands)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl mix together first 7 ingredients.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
- 5In a medium bowl mix the shredded carrots with the crushed pineapple.
- 6Add in the oil/egg mixture into the carrot/pineapple mixture; mix well to combine, then add to the dry ingredients; mix JUST until combined.
- 7Add in the raisins and chopped nuts.
- 8Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin tins.
- 9Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Carrot Cake Muffins (That Don't Taste Low-Fat!)
Serving Size: 1 (1017 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 160.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g