Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Only 3 WW points.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites.
- Slowly beat in sugar, then applesauce, skim milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in with a spoon the dry ingredients, (cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, flour), in order given.
- Stir in, one ingredient at a time, pineapple (with juice), carrots, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour into lightly greased (use non-fat cooking spray) 9x13 pan.
- Bake in a preheated (350 degree) oven for 35-40 minutes.
- It is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
The flavor was good, all the ingredients fantastic but it came out way too moist. As another reviewer described it as 'wet.' I didn't think a cake could be too moist, but it is possible...
I made muffins out of this recipe. I had to cut the serving size in half, I only had 4 eggs on hand. My kids won't eat nuts or raisins so I omitted them (not the kids). I'm also a weight-watcher - honestly, I think the flavour was good, but I'd bake them for a little longer, they came out rather 'wet'.
the time in the over should be around 50 minutes. Beautiful taste and will be my fortnightly cake.