Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wow. This is GREAT. Excellent for diabetics or those cutting the sugar, who crave sweets! Definite carrot cake taste, slightly different texture, not in the least greasy, and lacks that odd salty bite carrot cakes sometimes have. Just LOOK at the calorie difference!!
- 59.14 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 59.14 ml prune puree
- 118.29 ml crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon or 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 236.59 ml carrot, grated
- In medium bowl beat together eggs, pineapple, prunes, and applesauce.
- In bowl 2 stir togetehr flour, powder, soda, sat, spice, and Splenda (if using it).
- Stir carrots into liquid mix.
- Stir in flour mix.
- Bake in greased and floured 8x8 pan for 45-50 minutes or until cake pulls away from pan. (I used pam flour spray).