Recipe by wildheart
Wow. This is GREAT. Excellent for diabetics or those cutting the sugar, who crave sweets! Definite carrot cake taste, slightly different texture, not in the least greasy, and lacks that odd salty bite carrot cakes sometimes have. Just LOOK at the calorie difference!!
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup prune puree
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup carrot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl beat together eggs, pineapple, prunes, and applesauce.
- In bowl 2 stir togetehr flour, powder, soda, sat, spice, and Splenda (if using it).
- Stir carrots into liquid mix.
- Stir in flour mix.
- Bake in greased and floured 8x8 pan for 45-50 minutes or until cake pulls away from pan. (I used pam flour spray).