Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lb carrot, shredded
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk brown sugar, yogurt, oil, whole eggs, egg whites, and vanilla together in another bowl until well blended.
- Stir in carrots and flour mixture just until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Make glaze: Stir confectioners' sugar and juice together in bowl until smooth. Spread glaze over cake.
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for! Its SUPER low fat, especially compared to other recipes, and it tastes exactly like the others! I thought using the yogurt might give it a different taste, but it doesn't. This is an amazing recipe, thank you so much for posting it!