Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Eagle Brand.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces fat free egg substitute
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy skillet cook sugar over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt, shaking the skillet occasionally to heat the sugar evenly. Do not stir.
- Once the sugar starts to melt, reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes more or until all of the sugar is melted and golden, stirring as needed with a wooden spoon.
- Immediately pour into an ungreased 9-inch round baking pan; tilting to coat bottom completely.
- In medium bowl, combine egg substitute and water; stir in condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over caramelized sugar in pan.
- Set pan in a larger pan. Fill larger pan with 1-inch boiling water.
- Bake 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool. Chill at least 2 hours.
- To serve, loosen side of flan with knife; invert onto serving plate with rim.