This is my attempt at modifying a recipe I use every Thanksgiving to reduce the fat in my diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sweet potatoes and apples until nearly done in very little boiling water.
- 2Spray baking dish with fat free cooking spray.
- 3Place alternate layers of drained sweet potatoes and sliced apples in baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with spices.
- 5Dot with margarine and drizzle with syrup.
- 6Pour 1/2 cup of apple water over the top.
- 7Wrap tightly and freeze if preparing a week ahead.
- 8Bake about 30 minutes or longer if frozen.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Candied Yams and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: