Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my attempt at modifying a recipe I use every Thanksgiving to reduce the fat in my diet.
- 4 lbs yams, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free margarine
- 1 cup log cabin sugar-free syrup
- 4 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Boil sweet potatoes and apples until nearly done in very little boiling water.
- Spray baking dish with fat free cooking spray.
- Place alternate layers of drained sweet potatoes and sliced apples in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Dot with margarine and drizzle with syrup.
- Pour 1/2 cup of apple water over the top.
- Wrap tightly and freeze if preparing a week ahead.
- Bake about 30 minutes or longer if frozen.