Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I believe the recipe came from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram many years ago.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 medium purple onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons non-caloric artificial sweetener
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- toss together and chill.
Delicious. I used balsamic vinegar (1/2 cup) and 1 more tsp of sweetner to take away from the tartness. Easy and healthy lunch. thanks for posting!
This was great! I only used 1/2 cup of red-wine vinegar though.
This is very nice and refreshing!Here are some change's I made. I used 7oz pouch tuna. I cup fresh small shrimp. 1 cup celery finely chopped. I left out the basil(I don't care for it). This makes a nice lunch! Thanks, MJane