Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are a little cakey but they're fabulous if you are watching your weight!
Make and share this Low Fat-Cal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce and water with sugars until smooth.
- Add egg substitute (or egg whites) and vanilla. Mix well.
- Blend in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop batter in 1/2 tablespoon mounds on sheet, one inch apart. Be sure to make all cookies approximately the same size and thickness, allowing them to bake uniformly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are golden. Remove from oven. They will become crispy when cooled.
My husband and I really like these cookies. I prefer cookies to be more crunchy but by husband loves them soft, so he likes them more than I do. They're really good for low-fat, low sugar. I used sugar-free chocolate chips, and half of the batter I mixed in crushed almonds and coconut.
These cookies were cakey and a little chewy. I added 1/2 cup oatmeal because the batter was like a cake batter rather then a cookie batter. I also used raisins instead of chocolate chips. I reviewed it the first day and gave it two stars. However, the next day the cookies actually tasted better and weren't bad for a low calorie cookie so I gave the cookies three stars. Thanks for sharing.