Recipe by ix3fruits
These cookies are a little cakey but they're fabulous if you are watching your weight!
Top Review by Cyd W.
My husband and I really like these cookies. I prefer cookies to be more crunchy but by husband loves them soft, so he likes them more than I do. They're really good for low-fat, low sugar. I used sugar-free chocolate chips, and half of the batter I mixed in crushed almonds and coconut.
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (or 2 egg whites)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce and water with sugars until smooth.
- Add egg substitute (or egg whites) and vanilla. Mix well.
- Blend in flour, baking soda and salt. Mix chocolate chips into batter.
- Scoop batter in 1/2 tablespoon mounds on sheet, one inch apart. Be sure to make all cookies approximately the same size and thickness, allowing them to bake uniformly.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until cookies are golden. Remove from oven. They will become crispy when cooled.