Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is similar to some others on the site but made with lower fat ingredients. They still turn out great and never last long around our house. Easy enough for kids to help prepare.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Mix all ingredients well using an electric mixer.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet (I use a medium Pampered Chef scoop and get about 28 cookies).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
These came out great. Was so excited not to use 1/2c of oil like most other recipes. Added chocolate chips and toffee chips to make them interesting doubt anybody will guess they are healhier! Thanks for a great recipe.
Hey Joy you have a keeper! This cookie stays really moist. I made 1 batch with a choc cake mix and one with cherry chip. Choc was the best hands down. I will keep this recipe on hand for the times I need that little choc fix.Taste a lot like a brownie. Yes you do give up some flavor when you go low fat so don't expect this to be everybody's favorite.I used egg whites, did not have egg substitute on hand.Thanks Dula
For some reason, this just didn't work for me. Maybe I beat the batter too much and there was too much air in the mixture. The cookies were extremely flat. So I made some mini-cupcakes with the rest of the batter, and they caved in. The taste was good though! ;)