Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich and creamy soup that is also reasonably healthy.
Make and share this Low Fat Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- Cut squash into quarters and seed; place in a plastic bag and microwave on HIGH for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from bag, peel and chop.
- Place squash, onion, broth, and spices in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until squash is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and puree with a stick blender until smooth.
- Reduce heat on stove to low and slowly stir in plain yoghurt.
- Add more spices if needed.
- Reheat and serve.
This was beautiful, my boyfriend and I loved it as written.