Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very mild healthy dressing. The cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, onion salt, and garlic.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
This was pretty good for a low fat salad dressing. I cut back a bit on the basil to start with and was glad I did. This would be good over fresh sliced tomatoes and mozzarella in the summer.