Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a 1,2,3 very easy and fast recipe. It's soooo good! Even though with butter, still low fat and great for a quick lunch or dinner. You can substitute the butter with olive oil.
- 500 g spaghetti (or other desired pasta)
- 100 g butter (without salt)
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 100 g parsley, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cook spaghetti as directed, make sure it's el dante (=ready but still a bit firm).
- Sieve - do not rinse.
- In the same pot, melt butter - make sure it stays white - add garlic, lemon and parsley and stir.
- Add spaghetti and mix it all together.
- Add salt as desired.
This was great. I used 2 lbs of pasta, 8 oz butter and the 5 tbsp of lemon juice (my husband isn't big on lemon). 1 whole head of garlic (I assumed you mean the bulb not the clove) seemed a bit much...to save time I used 2 tablespoons of jarred, minced, garlic. I served this along side my Recipe #166329 and broccoli. This made a really easy and yummy shabbat meal. Thanks for posting. I'll be making this again and again. Other citrus juices might be nice for a change too...like lime or even grapefruit.
Sounds delicious, and I agree with the other poster, grapefruit might be a fascinating addition, or lime.