Recipe by limecat
This is a very nice chicken dish! You must give it a try if you like the herbs and spices of indian food! Low Fat Recipe on the Today show by www.symplytoogood.com.au - Annette Sym
- 800 g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375 ml evaporated skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Coat a large non-stick frypan or wok with cooking spray and saute chicken, onion, garlic (in jar) and ginger (in jar) until the pieces are nearly cooked.
- Add all the spices and cook for one minute until aromatic, then add stock powder.
- Add tomato paste (no added salt) and fold through chicken.
- Blend cornflour with the light evapourated milk then add to the pan, stir continuously mixing well until boiled.
- Simmer for a little while and serve over basmati rice.