Recipe by StephanieNS
This recipe is for a low-fat breakfast burrito that I have come up with. Even though everything in it is low fat it does NOT taste low fat at all!! Bacon, egg beaters, and cheese make this is one delectable burrito that is much lower in fat than other breakfast burritos. I have fat free cheese listed in the ingredients, but I admit that sometimes I will use half of a Kraft American Cheese Single to satisfy my cheese cravings. The addition of the american cheese really gives this burrito great taste, but use whatever cheese you like. Also, you can use any low fat bacon you like but I personally enjoy Oscar Mayer's Turkey Bacon...it is soooo tasty, I actually prefer it over all other bacon. Serve this burrito with fruit and juice for a yummy breakfast!
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is a great breakfast treat for those very busy mornings trying to get everyone out the door since you can make the eggs and bacon and then reheat with the tortilla in the microwave. For my DH I did add a bit of chopped onion to give it a bit more zip. He thought adding some salsa and not using the bacon would be good too. Used l/f cheddar cheese for all the tortillas this morning. Made for Pick A Chef Event Fall 2009.
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1⁄3 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 low-fat tortilla
- fat free cheese
- fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon and eggs according to package directions, add salt and black pepper to your eggs if desired.
- Layer the bacon and eggs on top of your tortilla
- Sprinkle desired amount of cheese over bacon and eggs.
- Roll your burrito up and cook on high in the microwave approximately 15 seconds to warm the tortilla and melt the cheese.
- Enjoy your burrito!