Cook2 hrs 14 mins
Make and share this Low-Fat Burgundy Beef & Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef eye round
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 3 cloves large garlic, crushed
- 5 1⁄2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
- Trim fat from beef, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium high hunt until hot. Add beef (half at a time) and brown evenly, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off drippings.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, wine and garlic. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cover and continue cooking 35 to 40 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Bring beef stew to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in sugar snap peas.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until peas are heated through.