Recipe by jonesies
Using the lean chicken tender reduced the amuont of fat, as does baking the chicken instead of frying. The blue cheese dip is lower in fat and calories, so this is guilt free snacking! Taken from the Heart Healthy cookbook. Note: prep time includes marinate/refrigeration time. Note: After making these many times, I have found that it is much easier to cook them on the George Foreman after marinading. I'm sure pan frying would work as well. Experiment and enjoy!
Top Review by BonsterAK
This is a great, quick, easy recipe. I added BBQ sauce to the marinade but it isn't necessary. In fact, it lengthened the baking time because it was too moist. It was still very good, though, esp. with the bleu cheese dip! Great recipe!
- 3 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup fat free blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 celery ribs, cut into sticks
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the hot sauce, paprika and ground pepper in a small bowl; brush on all surfaces of chicken.
- Place chicken in greased 11 x 7 inch baking pan.
- Cover; marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Combine blue cheese dressing, sour cream and blue cheese in small serving bowl.
- Serve chicken with dip and celery/carrot sticks.