Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
This is a recipe that I received from a friend and modified it slightly to suite my tastes. I like it because it doesn't have all the fats normally associated with this salad and the taste is fabulous! Hope you enjoy too!
Top Review by puh-leas-no-coconut:)
Really liked the substitution of the greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Will definitely try again. Of course omitted a few salad ingredients to suit my family's tastes. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 heads broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (OR slivered almonds OR chopped walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (OR sour cream)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the stems of the broccoli and dice. Cut up broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Mix all ingredients. Chill for 1/2 hour and serve.
- If you difficulties digesting raw broccoli, steam it until it changes colour, about 2 or 3 minutes. Then dunk into a cold water bath to stop cooking, pat dry and continue with recipe.