Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar low-fat American cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13-inch baking dish with buttered flavored cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with butter flavored spray.
- Saute celery and onion over medium heat until onion is clear.
- Transfer onion and celery to a large mixing bowl.
- Add soups and cheese.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
This will be my new broccoli rice casserole from now on. So easy and the family went wild for it. I couldn't find low-fat American cheese so I used 2% Velveeta. Instead of transfering everything to a bowl after cooking the celery and onion, I just put everything in the same skillet and let the cheese melt in there over low heat. That way I got the cheese to melt and had one less bowl to wash. :) Thanks so much!
Made this just as directed only doubled the pepper. Was very good and will make again.
Absolutely delish!!! My grown boys that don't do 'low fat' anything, never knew and loved it!!