Top Review by Mika G.
This will be my new broccoli rice casserole from now on. So easy and the family went wild for it. I couldn't find low-fat American cheese so I used 2% Velveeta. Instead of transfering everything to a bowl after cooking the celery and onion, I just put everything in the same skillet and let the cheese melt in there over low heat. That way I got the cheese to melt and had one less bowl to wash. :) Thanks so much!
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar low-fat American cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13-inch baking dish with buttered flavored cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet with butter flavored spray.
- Saute celery and onion over medium heat until onion is clear.
- Transfer onion and celery to a large mixing bowl.
- Add soups and cheese.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.