1/2 Photos of Low Fat Broccoli Bisque
Smiling in Texas's Note:
From 1,001 Low Fat Recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium broccoli stems
- 1/2 small head cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Clean the broccoli and cauliflower, reserving 3/4 cup of the broccoli, and 3/4 cup of the cauliflower florets, chopping the rest fine.
- 2Saute green onios in margarine until tender.
- 3Stir in flour, cooking for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in Chicken stock, chopped broccoli and cauliflower, potatoes, chives, and basil and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 6Process in food processor until smooth.
- 7Add milk and reserved broccoli and cauliflower florets until boiling again.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer until florets are crisp-tender.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Broccoli Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 519.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: