- 2 medium broccoli stems
- 1⁄2 small head cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups coarsely chopped potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the broccoli and cauliflower, reserving 3/4 cup of the broccoli, and 3/4 cup of the cauliflower florets, chopping the rest fine.
- Saute green onios in margarine until tender.
- Stir in flour, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in Chicken stock, chopped broccoli and cauliflower, potatoes, chives, and basil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Process in food processor until smooth.
- Add milk and reserved broccoli and cauliflower florets until boiling again.
- Reduce heat and simmer until florets are crisp-tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.