Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love my breakfast, for me it truly is the most important meal of the day. However, like most people I have very little time for cooking in the morning. After some trial and error, I started making this sandwich which has many positive qualities. Firstly it is easy and cheap to make. Second it is low fat. Third, due to the combination of protein and fiber, it will actually keep you satisfied until lunchtime unlike many cold cereals or breakfast bars. Enjoy!!
- 1 slice light whole wheat bread
- 1 slice fat free sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 egg
- red pepper (or seasoning of choice)
- Diagonally slice bread in half. Place bread slices and Canadian bacon in a toaster oven. Select medium toasting level. (or preheat a conventional oven to 300 and cook for 10 minutes).
- Once toasted, flip Canadian bacon. Fold cheese slice to make two triangles, place on bread slices. Toast again at medium level.
- Meanwhile spray small frying pan with olive cooking spray. Cook egg according to preference (about 2 minutes per side for hard eggs, less for over easy eggs). Sprinkle each side with red pepper.
- To build sandwich, place once slice of bread cheese side up, followed by egg, then Canadian bacon. Finish by topping with remaining bread slice, cheese side down.