1/1 Photo of Low Fat Breakfast Sandwich
I love my breakfast, for me it truly is the most important meal of the day. However, like most people I have very little time for cooking in the morning. After some trial and error, I started making this sandwich which has many positive qualities. Firstly it is easy and cheap to make. Second it is low fat. Third, due to the combination of protein and fiber, it will actually keep you satisfied until lunchtime unlike many cold cereals or breakfast bars. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Diagonally slice bread in half. Place bread slices and Canadian bacon in a toaster oven. Select medium toasting level. (or preheat a conventional oven to 300 and cook for 10 minutes).
- 2Once toasted, flip Canadian bacon. Fold cheese slice to make two triangles, place on bread slices. Toast again at medium level.
- 3Meanwhile spray small frying pan with olive cooking spray. Cook egg according to preference (about 2 minutes per side for hard eggs, less for over easy eggs). Sprinkle each side with red pepper.
- 4To build sandwich, place once slice of bread cheese side up, followed by egg, then Canadian bacon. Finish by topping with remaining bread slice, cheese side down.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Breakfast Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 225.7 mg
- Sodium 982.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free sharp cheddar cheese