Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A low-fat version or traditional bread pudding. This is actually very tasty and relatively light...if you don't eat the whole thing in one sitting!
- 6 slices white bread, cut into squares
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring rice milk to almost a boil, add margarine, egg beaters, sugar and spices, stir.
- Put bread and raisins in a round casserole dish.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and raisins.
- Put dish into a glass pie dish filled with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until knife pulls out clean.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or put some maple syrup on top.