You can use plain bread crumbs mixed with Italian seasoning or Progresso brand Panko Italian Style Crispy Bread Crumbs. Just 7 grams of fat and 392 calories. I found this in a family circle magazine.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place a rack on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together egg whites and mustard.
- Blend bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and cheese in another bowl.
- In a third dish, place flour.
- Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg mixture and then in bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, turn over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to broiler and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with heated marinara sauce if desired.
Delicious! Moist and great flavor! Thanks for sharing.
Well the DH declared it as the best oven fried crumbed chicken I have done so far, I did make some minor changes to suit tastes and what I had. I was short on eggs and well knew I more than likely would not use the yolks so used 1 whole egg and mixed with 2 heaped teaspoons of Dijon mustard, as I am the only one really crazy about it and to the dried bread crumbs I added some finely chopped fresh basil, oregano and garlic and an 1/8th cup of finely grated aged parmesan (same again I am the only one crazy for it but think I may get away with the full amount next time). Didn't worry about the flour with using whole egg and when I baked at 200C fan forced I gave them a very light spray with extra virgin olive oil to help the crisping process of the crumbs and think I could have done with about 3 to 5 minutes less for my chicken breasts which weighed about 210 grams each or maybe turn the temperature down by about 10 to 15 degrees C. Thank you BakinBaby for a lovely recipe, made for I Recommend and recommended by HokiesLady.
I cut the recipe in half for this time around (but will be making this again since it's a great keeper!) & made it with regular breadcrumbs! Another time I'd like to use crumbs from a winter wheat bread that I always have on hand! Your recipe is sooo easy to make & the breasts came out ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Thanks, much! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag Game]