Recipe by Leahjoy
Low fat Bran muffin recipe. These muffins are sweet moist and light.
Top Review by Lwishbone
These muffins were good. I used all-bran xtra fiber, and added pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. I only made 6 large muffins. These are really good and light. Nice sweet taste. Great for breakfast.
- 1 1⁄4 cups bran flakes (cereal)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl mix bran cereal and milk let stand for 5 mins or until softened.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine egg, oil and vanilla and pour into bran mixture.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in wet bran mixture.
- Stir until combined only DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 the way up.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Add ins: crasins, dates, rasins, or nuts.