Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy blueberry pancakes using a pancake mix. Low fat and not very sweet. If you don't want to use a mix you can always use 1/4 cup of unbleached whole wheat flour with a pinch of baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I also add in a teaspoon of powdered fiber supplements to my batter to help me get more fiber into my diet. It probably makes no difference to the pancakes though.
- 59.14 ml whole wheat pancake mix (I use a brand called Coyote. You can use any of your fav. mix or make from scratch. see above note.)
- 59.14 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
- 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 59.14 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml fresh blueberries (or frozen, unthawed)
- Combine dry ingredients (first 3 ingredients).
- Combine wet ingredients (next 4 ingredients).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Heat non-stick pan/griddle to medium-low heat, and spray with non-stick cooking spray (make sure the pan isn't too hot, as these pancakes tend to brown fast).
- Pour batter onto pan, spread batter out to make sure the middle isn't too thick, or else it might not cook through.
- Flip the pancake when bubbles stop appearing.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup and/or toppings (I ate mine with a tbsp of 100% pure maple syrup and a handful of fresh blueberries. Yum! :D).